Monday 19 April 2010

All Creatures Great & Small

Well.... Projects have been developing slowly recently due to mostly indecisiveness and a lot of other reasons that i can't exactly put into words, however I do have pictures that apparently can tell more than a thousand words. These are the products of my labour and avoidance of working on real projects. I have no idea why I made them, what they are for et cetera, et cetera, however I do know I enjoyed making them and like where this spontaneity is taking my work, it's just a shame that the same cannot be said for my real projects.




Above, is Steve the dinosaur, no idea why he's called Steve or even why he's striped, spotty or blue, but I like him. Below, is Phillipo the Flamingo, his name is borrowed from a nickname of a friend named Phil who in turn borrowed it from a brand of olive oil.... Unfortunately the scan doesn't do the water justice.



On a side note I've been noticing a heavy use of magenta, cyan and white in my work recently which has me slightly worried that everything is beginning to look like a big mush of sameyness. Even the little head way I am making in my A Clockwork Orange project is using this colour scheme in the dust jacket, which is why, despite it nearing completion none of it's imagery has made it to the webternet yet, at least I have resisted using orange...

As for the publication project, well that's taken a big setback due to a format change which is kind of annoying but alas, that is the way of the world. On the subject of publication i found some other work for it has made it blogwise so have updated my previous post accordingly.
Anyway, that's all for now. bye.

2 comments: